Monday 13 October 2014

A Goldmine of Books

I need two shots of energizing prose, early morning, everyday, to get that evasive blood coursing through my brains... and I am set for the day. For those additional kicks, I manage to steel some moments for more of those seductive shots during the office hours and then later in the night.  

And my go-to place for these adrenaline pumping shots are www.bestlibraryspot.net and www.ebook2u.org


No more shelling money on library registrations and flipkart for books


The site is a literally a goldmine of books, from romance to thrillers, from YA to sci-fi, from crime to chick-lit, you just name it. And more importantly, all the books are from very popular writers - right from Stephen King, John Green, John Grisham, Jeffery Archer to Suzanne Collins - can be easily found here.  

Currently I reading Gabriel’s inferno here by Sylvain Reynard. It falls under the romantic genre and I am lovin’ it. In fact, I am so consumed by it that I end up thinking of it day and night.  Some reviewers even consider its writing style better than Fifty Shades of Grey.(Now that's a hook for you to latch on.)

Coming back to where I started, both the sites are a Treasure Island for books. And it won’t be wrong to say that these sites are the best thing that happened to me this year. If it were not for these sites, I don’t know how much would i have missed on the literary front? I would never discovered Reynard and his works. And yes I am really excited to familiarize myself with other authors as well.  

Besides all these very no-nonsense points, the other important fact about these sites is that you don’t have to spend so much on books anymore. If you’re already spending thousands, a few hundreds would do from now on. Or that what’s I believe. In fact, when I found John Green’s ‘Fault in our stars’ here, my heart skipped a beat. In fact, it slowly leapt out from its place to shout “Eureka. Eureka, i’ve discovered something". 

A thousand thanks to all the authors who had the heart to give their books absolutely for free here.

Only meant for your ears: I steal every idle moment in the office to catch up on my reading here. (Books are not allowed here. I hate my office people for introducing such nonsensical dictum.)

Are there other sites for online reading? Do share them in the comment box.  

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know about the pages...Thanks for sharing..I'm going to read from here in office too :D

    Random Thoughts Naba..Link Some Inspiration Today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Naba. Yes, every moment of the day, especially those idle moments in the office, can be best utilized by reading from these online sites.

    ReplyDelete

If my words are worthy of your valuable views, do share it here. Thanks a ton for stopping by.

The White Tiger - Aravind Adiga

This Booker prize winner was on my bookshelf I don’t for how long. Attempted reading it before, but then dumped it because t...